What information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website such as your name, address, gender, date of birth, ID number, telephone number, email address, product use behaviors, and payment information (e.g. credit or debit card information). This includes information provided at the time you register to use the Website, register your warranty online for your Omron Healthcare products, make an enquiry to Omron by phone or via the Website or other Omron managed media sites and applications and relevant websites, subscribe to our service, post material, create an account on our websites or in our mobile applications, or request further services. We may also ask you for your information when you enter or participate in competitions, offers, programs or promotions sponsored or managed by Omron, and when you report a problem with the Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you to answer to surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to the Website and the resources that you access, including data and time, pages viewed, response time and interaction with the Website.
- Technical information about your device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about the Website users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Provision of your personal data to us is voluntary. However, if you do not provide us with the required data or you withdraw your consent to the use of any or all of your personal data, you may not be able to use certain functions of the Website and we may not be able to provide you with certain services which you have requested.
By using session cookies we can monitor which parts of the Website you have viewed during a visit. This helps us to adjust our services as much as possible for the benefit of the visitors. These cookies are automatically deleted after each visit.
We do not make use of any tracking cookies which could enable us to monitor whether you also visited other websites within our network.
Through the Website a cookie is placed by Google as part of its 'Analytics' service. We use this service to monitor how visitors use the Website. Google might provide such information to third parties to comply with statutory legal obligations or to third parties who process such information on behalf of Google.
Social media buttons and Third Party Websites
On the Website, buttons are included to promote ("like") or share ("tweet") websites on social networks. These buttons function by means of programming code of these social networks. If these buttons are used, third party cookies are stored on your device. This is not within our control. Omron is not responsible for personal data protection policies, content or protection of your data on any third party website linked to the Website. Please read the privacy statements of such websites, which may be updated frequently, to understand how they process your personal data.
Right of access, correction or limiting the processing of your data and to make inquiries or complaints
Activation, deactivation and deletion of cookies
More information with regard to activation, deactivation and deletion of cookies can be found in the instructions via the help-functionality of your web browser.
Responsible for data provided to us
The Website is owned and operated by Omron. All the data you provide us through the Website will be held in or transferred to a database or servers maintained by Omron Healthcare Singapore Pte Ltd. located in Singapore or affiliates or other trusted third parties based in other countries, depending on operational requirements, so that they may process personal information on our behalf. You should be aware that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of your residence or location. You are responsible for ensuring all information provided to us is accurate, complete and up to date.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
If you have questions, comments or concerns about how we handle the data provided by you, please contact Customer Support, details of which are set out below. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device, such as by developing, personalizing, and providing advertising and experience tailored to your interest.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, such as, by sending promotional e-mail messages and promotional SMS messages and contacting potential product testers.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To deliver samples, premiums, products and information, or develop new products and services.
- To allow you to participate or enroll in interactive features, contest, programs or offers of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To respond to your queries or comments.
- To make available a service through which you can receive text or other types of messages from Omron such as SMS on your mobile device.
- To ensure compliance with company policies, regulatory obligations and applicable laws.
Unless you have indicated otherwise, we may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these. Further, in case of purchase of our online products, any personal data may be used to process payment for purchases, subject to the privacy policies separately provided at the online store site. You may withdraw your consent for receiving promotional or marketing materials at any time by using the contact details at the bottom of this Policy.
Disclosure of your information
Omron will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data against unauthorized disclosure. Your personal data may be transferred and disclosed to and processed by any member of the Omron group, including, but not limited to, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries for the purposes of sending you promotional information about our products or services and any other purposes described herein.
In addition, your personal data may also be disclosed to or shared with:
- Our trusted third party agencies on advertising, marketing and promotion to help us deliver and analyze the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns, events and promotions.
- Our business partners for a co-promotion or joint program with Omron.
- Our trusted third party service providers to perform variety of business operations on behalf of Omron, such as fulfilling product and service requests and answering inquiries, hosting websites, data processing and delivering our email or other communications.
- Web analytics tool providers, such as Google.
- Third party vendor for remarketing services, including Google’s ‘Customer Match’ and Facebook’s ‘Custom Audience’ to display ads (this means we may upload the contact information to third party vendors who perform remarketing services on our behalf).
- Third parties required to deliver a product or service to you, such as a delivery or postal service delivering product to you.
Further, we may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Omron or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- To protect and defend the rights and property of Omron (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions) and conduct investigations into possible breaches of applicable laws, and to protect against fraud and any technical or security vulnerabilities. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or meet enforceable government requests whether within or outside Singapore.
In sharing your personal data, we endeavour to ensure that the third parties and our affiliates keep your personal data secure from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, or similar risks and retain your personal information only for as long as they need your personal information to achieve the abovementioned purposes. In disclosing or transferring your personal data to third parties and our affiliates located overseas, Omron takes steps to ensure that the receiving jurisdiction has in place a standard of protection accorded to personal information that is comparable to the protection under or up to the standard of the laws of Singapore or that other adequate safeguards are in place.
Omron will retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, the legal or business purposes of Omron, or as required by relevant laws.
- If you wish to access, correct and supplement the personal data that Omron holds about you or wish to withdraw your consent for or limit the processing of your personal data or if you wish to make any inquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data, or register an objection in connection with your particular personal circumstances or if you would like to unsubscribe from any Omron mailing list, please contact us by using the contact details at the bottom of this Policy.
- Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, Omron will honor your request or objection, or inform you as to whether and, if so, to what extent it is complying therewith within 21 days or such other time as is reasonable after we receive such request or objection.
- Omron reserves the right to impose a reasonable fee for access of your personal data in the amounts as permitted under law.
- To prevent misuse we might ask you to adequately identify yourself. If you request access to personal data linked to a cookie, you must send us a copy of the relevant cookie, which can be found via your web browser preferences.
Personal data from minors and other individuals
- Omron does not knowingly collect personal data from individuals under 18 years of age or as defined by local legal requirements (“minor”). As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow a minor under your care to submit personal data to us. In the event that such personal data is provided to us, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor’s personal data and personally accept and agree to be bound by this Policy and take responsibility for his or her actions.
- If you provide personal data relating to other individuals (such as your spouse, family members, friends or employees) you represent and warrant that you are authorised to provide such individuals’ personal data to Omron and you have obtained their consent for their personal data be processed and used in the manner as set forth in this Policy.
Questions, complaints, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to:
Address: Omron Healthcare Singapore Pte Ltd , Marketing and Communication Department, 438A Alexandra Road #05-05/08 Alexandra Technopark Singapore 119967
Telephone No.: +65 6376 3506
Acknowledgement and Consent
I have read this Policy, I expressly agree and consent to the use, processing and transfer of my personal data (including sensitive personal data, where applicable) by Omron as described in this Policy.