Cardiovascular Health and COVID-19 risk
By Omron Healthcare, 02 Apr 2020
OMRON Healthcare recommends people who measure their blood pressure at home to continue monitoring themselves in the usual way as was recommended by their doctors. The current situation with the COVID-19 virus does not provide a medical need in changing the usual monitoring behavior. Regarding the usage of your blood pressure monitor we recommend respecting all the hygienic advices as indicated by the national authorities and preferably not to share your personal blood pressure monitors with others except for family members who share the same household.
- Research shows that viruses, including the seasonal flu, may be more severe for those with hypertension and can increase the risk of health complications.
- If you have high blood pressure, it is important to work with your physician to manage your condition. Take steps to adopt healthy habits like regularly monitoring your blood pressure, eating a healthy diet and regularly exercising.
- If you believe you may have been exposed to COVID-19 or develop symptoms like fever, chest pain or trouble breathing, please contact your physician.
Sharing Data with Physicians
- Many people might be apprehensive about taking themselves or loved ones to a healthcare provider’s office with concerns about exposure to the COVID-19 virus. OMRON connected blood pressure monitors allow users to share blood pressure readings with their physicians remotely.
- Sharing this data can help you and your physician understand if your blood pressure treatment plan is effective. However, if you feel unwell, please contact your physician.
- If you own an OMRON connected blood pressure monitor, you have access to the OMRON Connect mobile app, which allow users to store, track and share their heart health data with their physician.
- Pairing your device is easy. Simply download the OMRON Connect and follow the on-screen instructions to sync your device.
For any queries, please contact:
Omron Healthcare Singapore Pte Ltd
Tel: +65 3138 6870 for Customer Service
Working Hours: Monday-Friday 9am - 5pm (Prior appointment required from 7th April 2020)
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays
For latest information, please visit global Omron Healthcare website.
Click here for info about OMRON Healthcare Corporate Statement update on Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Return to Events Page